Skip to content
- Organized as a non-profit Oregon corporation 501c3 by Polk County Housing Authority
- Acquired and renovated first group home for developmentally disabled Adults through DHS CIPII Program (Monmouth)
- Acquired and renovated first Lease-To-Own home (Independence)
- Acquired and developed 4 group homes for developmentally disabled adults
- Established the Carol Hensley Memorial Children’s Fund in partnership with Polk County Housing Authority and began grant program to children for school clothes and supplies, summer camps, assistance with medical/dental co-pays and other needs
- Started development of 10 Lease-To-Own homes through OHCS Seasonal Farm worker Home for first time homeowners (Independence)
- Acquired, relocated and renovated four duplexes from Western Oregon State College in Monmouth to Independence and Dallas
- Acquired and renovated group home for developmentally disabled teenagers (Independence)
- Developed scattered site Lease-to-Own homes for first time homebuyers (Independence and Dallas) – On-going Program
- Started Buyback Program – Foreclosure Prevention (3 homes)
- Completed construction on the 19 unit Park West Apartments (Independence)
- Started construction of 21 Lease-to-Own homes
- Acquired and renovated 12 unit El Glen Apartments (Monmouth)
- Purchased and opened office at 657 Main Street, Dallas and hired staff
- Purchased office building at 657 Main Street, Dallas
- Assumed administration of $2.1 million Housing Rehabilitation Revolving Loan Fund for Polk County Dallas, Monmouth, Independence & Falls City
- Completed construction on 40 unit Woodbridge Meadow Apartments (Dallas)
- Purchased development property on East Ellendale (Dallas)
- Established Polk Regional Collaborative with City and County membership to guide Housing Rehabilitation Program
- Received CDBG Grant award of $400,000 for county-wide housing rehabilitation program
- Completed construction of 36 unit Rickreall Creek Townhomes (Dallas) Received CDBG Grant award of $300,000 for county-wide housing rehabilitation program
- Completed construction of 6 units of alcohol and drug free housing for persons with mental illness.
- Completed construction of 5 units of alcohol and drug free multifamily housing for young adults with mental illness
- Received CDBG Grant Award of $400,000 for county-wide housing rehabilitation program
2010 – 2016
- Remodeled exterior of two Polk CDC owned affordable housing projects representing 31 units in two Polk County cities.
- Completed the development of 24 units in four phases as alcohol and drug free housing for parents in recovery of addictions being reunited with their children.
- Contract with City of Salem for Housing Rehabilitation Program in West Salem.
- Received CDBG Grant of $300,000 for Polk County Housing Rehabilitation Program
- Entered contract with State of Oregon Infrastructure Finance Authority to manage foreclosure prevention programs in Polk County.
2017 – 2018
- Purchased development property in Dallas for up to 10 units.
- Remodeled interior of Polk CDC owned 12 unit complex with 19 unit complex in progress. (Monmouth and Independence)
- Started construction of 6 unit addition to El Glen 12 unit complex (Monmouth), anticipate completion by mid-2018.
- Recommended for financing award to construct 4 unit complex for homeless Veterans (Independence)
- Received first development funding award from Meyer Memorial Trust.
- Purchased property for 13 units of housing for homeless Veterans.
- Completing $80,000 Capacity Building Grant projects from Meyer Memorial Trust and Oregon Housing and Community Services.